PKR Mulls Enforcement of RM10 Mln Bond Against Rafizi, Nik Nazmi – Fuziah

JOHOR BAHRU, May 18 — PKR is reviewing the possibility of enforcing a RM10 million bond on its former leaders Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli and Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad, who the party claims have switched parties before vacating their parliamentary seats.

PKR secretary-general Datuk Dr Fuziah Salleh said she has evidence that they joined a new party yesterday, which constitutes party hopping under PKR’s constitution.

“I have evidence that they have already joined Bersama, as indicated on the party’s website with a timestamp on the 17th.

“According to the party constitution, they have already defected on that date before vacating their (parliamentary) seats today,” she told a press conference after officiating at the National Consumer Policy Advocacy Programme 2.0 and Consumer Dialogue here today.

She was commenting on Rafizi and Nik Nazmi’s claim that the RM10 million bond does not apply to them because they were not party-hopping.

PKR is now referring the matter to its legal advisers, while the party’s Political Bureau is scheduled to meet tomorrow to discuss the issue, including possible action against both individuals, Fuziah added.

Yesterday, Rafizi and Nik Nazmi announced their departure from PKR and claimed that they are not bound by the RM10 million bond, as they would be vacating their parliamentary seats before leaving PKR.

Rafizi, the MP for Pandan, and Nik Nazmi, the MP for Setiawangsa, said they would submit their letters of resignation from Parliament to Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Johari Abdul today.

Their resignation letters from the party will also be handed to Fuziah tomorrow.

Rafizi and Nik Nazmi also said they were taking over Parti Bersama Malaysia from its founder and president Tan Gim Theam, as their new political platform.

Rafizi and Nik Nazmi failed to retain their posts as deputy president and vice-president respectively in the party election on May 23 last year.